Isn’t it frustrating if your paper jams while printing or come out all creased and destroyed? Well, a very possible reason for that can be improper loading of the paper in the printer!
While putting paper in the printer, whether it’s A4 or legal-size, can be quite a simple task, but a slight tweak or improper orientation can hamper the printing process greatly.
Below, we take a look at the simple steps you need to follow to put legal size paper in the printer so that your legal documents are printed flawlessly.
Loading Legal Size Paper In A Printer
How To Load Legal Size Paper In Brother Printer
- Open the paper tray and place it separately after detaching from the printer.
- Spread the paper guides (two on the side and one at the center) of the paper tray as wide as possible.
- Take your set of legal-size paper and gently tap them against a flat surface to make sure all the pages are evenly placed.
- Check your printer’s paper-handling capacity from the instructions manual and make sure the number of legal-size sheets you’ll be placing is less than the capacity.
- Carefully place the paper set on the paper tray, with the side you want to print on facing down.
- Nudge the set forward to make it touch the front end of the tray.
- Adjust the paper guides and make sure they’re all touching the edge of the legal-size paper set.
- Gently place the tray in the same compartment of the printer, ensuring that the edges are connected properly.
- Push the paper tray inwards to close it and start printing.
How To Load Legal Size Paper In HP Printer
- Open the paper tray on the front of the paper tray, much like opening a door.
- Pull-on the paper length guide downwards to extend the size of the paper tray.
- Separate the paper width guides as far as possible.
- Make sure the number of legal-size sheets that you’re planning to use is lower than the paper-handling capacity of your HP printer.
- Tap the stack of paper against a flat surface to ensure all the pages are even and straight.
- Place your sheets of paper on the paper tray with the printing side facing up and check that both sides are even.
- Slowly nudge the stack forwards until it’s against the inside of the printer and doesn’t move further.
- Constrict the paper width guides on the left and right until they’re touching the sides of the paper set.
- Push the paper length guide upwards and against the bottom part of the paper set and start printing!
How To Put Legal Size Paper In An Epson Printer
- Pull outwards on the notch, which is situated in front of the paper tray of the Epson printer.
- Take the paper tray out and hold it with one hand.
- On the other hand, press the “Extension” button on the body of the tray.
- While pressing on the button, pull outwards from the edge of the tray; this extends the size of the tray.
- Release the button and keep on extending the tray until the button resets back to its original position.
- According to the paper-handling capacity of the tray, take a certain number of legal-size sheets.
- Carefully insert the sheets between the guides on the edge and push inwards.
- Adjust the position of the bottom paper guide so that it’s touching the legal-size pages.
- Gently place the paper tray inside its compartment in the printer and slide it inside. Then, you’re all ready to print!