Printing on glossy paper isn’t a very complicated task. It follows the same straightforward process of printing on any other paper.
Nevertheless, you need to be careful with certain details for your paper to print properly, like loading the glossy paper into the printer. Improper paper loading can cause problems like paper jams, smearing of ink, and even internal damage to your printer.
Today, we’ll take you through the simple process of loading your photo paper into the printer so that you never have to go through the agony of paper jams.
How To Load Glossy Paper Into A Printer
- Take 20-25 sheets of glossy photo paper. If you have glossy paper thicker and heavier than 180GSM, it’ll be wiser to take a lesser 15 instead.
- Make sure the sheets are dried to prevent the buildup of static charge.
- Pat them against a flat surface together so that all the sheets are even.
- Place the glossy side of your photo paper-faced up or down, according to the printer’s specification. The printer should print on to the glossy side.
- Open the paper tray of the printer and pull the paper guides to the side. Also, if there’s a paper guide on the bottom, pull it as down as possible.
- Carefully place the sheets of paper into the paper tray and nudge those inwards.
- Slowly adjust the paper guides on the side and on the bottom to keep the sheets firmly in one place.
- Close the paper tray or extend it following the paper size.
Does Photo Paper Go Glossy Side Up Or Down?
Generally, photo papers go glossy side up. But, it eventually comes down to how your printer prints on the paper.
Printers have a small sticker on the paper tray that denotes the side your photo will be printed on. Some printers print on the bottom side of the sheets placed, and if you have one of those, you should put the glossy side facing down.
Glossy paper made for double-sided prints can be placed both facing up and down without hampering the output.
For semi-glossy/satin/luster paper, you should look for any form of texture on the paper. The side with the texture is where you want your photo to be printed.
How Do I Put Glossy Paper In My HP Printer?
HP printers are pretty user-friendly and don’t have any complicated processes for printing or loading paper. So let’s take a look at the simple steps of loading glossy paper into an HP printer.
- Open the paper feed tray and push the paper guides to the side, creating as much space as possible.
- If there’s a guide at the bottom, flatten it out.
- Take a maximum of 20-25 sheets of photo paper with a weight of 180GSM and even them out by putting them on a flat surface.
- With the glossy side facing down, carefully place the sheets into the tray and slowly push them inwards.
- Adjust the paper guides so that they’re touching the sides of the paper sheets and holding them fixed in place.
If you’re using larger photo paper sizes, open the paper tray extender so that the paper can lie flat.
- If not, close the paper tray. You’ve successfully loaded your glossy paper into your HP printer!